Saturday, August 6, 2011

Day in the Country

Yesterday my Husband and I went back out to the Ranch to help my in-laws mark lambs! I love the sheep, they are so fun to watch and the little lambs can be quite funny. We also went out to the Ranch to bring home my husbands Great Grandmothers sewing machine that I will show later!!!

I love having a day with the Pride boys! Having my husband, his Father, and brother all together in itself can me quite funny while trying to do a project. But  I love all three of them and we always have a great day! To bad Momma Lorri (my mother-in-law) had to work :(.

When I say we were marking lambs, what I mean is, we ear tag them for so that we can I.D. them, give them their shots, rubber band the tails, and if a male lamb (a buck lamb) we rubberband the boy parts too! Each one of the boys has a job. My husband usually hold the lamb so that we can get done all that needs to happen, Brother Logan (my brother-in-law) is in charge of the ear tagging (I.D.), and my Father-in-law gives the shots and does the rubber banding! Sorry no Cool name for my father-in-law, just Daryl hehe. So here we go!
From long tails to short

Sorting out the 6 little lambs
from L to Right, My husband, Brother Logan(green shirt), Daryl
The 6 little guys and gals
The ewes waiting for there Lambs
Thats my husband holding the lamb, while Daryl rubber bands
her tail.
The band.
Brother Logan ear tagging
My wonderful Husband Daniel
All done! back with the Ewes!
And out to the field they goooo!

Because the Ewe's lamb at different times we have to mark lambs in groups. I hope you liked this look into the country! Later on in the year, well after the new year, I will have pictures of branding cows!

No comments:

Post a Comment